- Play food, cups, plates etc
- Hide and Seek – either play finding each other or hide something for them to find.
- Toys that have holes in.
- If you have any Thomas the Tank Engine toys, puzzles or books.
- Play dough – make holes in it!
Play dough recipe
2 Cups of plain flour
1 Cup of Salt
2 Cups of water
1 Tablespoon of oil
2 Tablespoons of cream of tatar
a few drops of food colouring
Mix all the ingredients well in a saucepan. Place on a medium heat, stiring all the time to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat after mixture comes away from sides of pan. Kneed and when cold store in a air tight container. Keep cool but not in the fridge.
Craft – Making Holey biscuits
- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 100g/3½oz butter
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- For the biscuits, mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda (I know Himani has this), salt and ginger together in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and golden syrup, then pour this mixture into the flour mixture and mix to make a smooth dough, kneading lightly with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a floured work surface to about 0.5cm/¼in thick, then cut into shapes.
- Transfer the biscuits to baking sheets lined with baking paper.
- Cut out smaller shapes in the centre of each biscuit, making sure you leave a good edge all around the biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. Do not remove the biscuits from the baking tray until they have cooled a bit. Gently lift the biscuits onto a wire rack with a palette knife to finish cooling.
- If you like you can decorate the biscuits.
- Good morning Song
- Humpty Dumpty
- Twinkle Twinkle
- Wind the Bobbin up
- Old McDonald
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Wiggle Song
Story time – watch the video
View Other “Gap @ Home” sessions
Disclaimer: All Saints Church Dedworth are not responsible for the contents of external websites.